Friday, October 30, 2009

Some amusing signs & translations...

Seen just after exiting the Forbidden City:



I didn't have the courage to order the "stir-fried wikipedia" (either with or without the pimientos):



Instead, I ordered perch and also tried fried bees--dipped in honey--and some bullfrog stew.

They're serious about communications safety on the Great Wall:



No thanks, I'll pass:



Shop was closed, so this photo will have to serve as my brave man certification:



Little help here?



Unlikely this is a bad translation--but it sure is an interesting product name!



Um...my luggage doesn't fit in my wallet!



All the best vampire parties are held here:



"Naughty Family"? Apparently, it's a pet company of some sort--boarding, veterinary care, etc.:



Various signs around the Shanghai Maglev train stations:



This might be my favorite sign in all of China:



Ummm...



Counterfeit? Ya'think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States